Friday, January 4, 2013

Nakyda's Intro


My name is Nakyda Dean.  A quick bio about me.  I am a third year medical student in my home city, Chicago, IL.  As a aspiring physician I know more than the average joe on the importance of healthy living.  During my training, I am constantly reminded of the adverse health problems associated with unhealthy living.  Despite this growing knowledge, I have not been doing all I could do to live my best.

Why am I doing the challenge?  In late November I was doing some reflecting and realized there were things in my life that I felt I needed to improve.  In each of these areas I reached out to old friends, who seem to have my weakness as their strength and devised a plan to work on these target areas.  One area was my health and fitness. Although I workout frequently 4-5 times weekly, committing to healthy eating was hard.  I would do well for a 2 weeks then fail, do well for another couple weeks and fail, and repeat the cycle over and over again.  In addition, I wanted to get back into weight training.  Most of my workouts considers of hourly cardio group classes.  Then I got in contact with my guy Chris Cole, who has been a great motivator as I aim to obtain a healthier lifestyle.  He actually introduced me to the 30 day cardio challenge and I have been spreading the word every since.  I am doing the 30 day cardio challenge, to take a major step in living a healthier lifestyle.  I'm the type of girl who loves a challenge.  All my life I have been breaking barriers no one expect was possible(with the grace of God of course).  I particularly like this one because the overall focus is to live healthy.  Not just weight loss or temporary dieting or losing belly fat or gain muscle strength.  Its about taking the right steps to form new habits and convert them to healthy living.  And thats what it should be about.

So I am 100% COMMITTED to the challenge.  It might be tough.  But if I gave up eating sweets on Nov 26th, 2012 and haven't been craving ice cream, cookies, cake, donuts, ............ and the lists go on and on, I have the power and determination to make it through the the next 30 days.

Ray says "Results don't start until you do."   Well let the show begins.

Nakyda


No comments:

Post a Comment