Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meet Nayia :D

Hi I'm LaNayia. I'm a 24 year old mother and life gets hectic. That was my main reason for allowing myself to continue gaining weight until I reached about 232lbs last summer.Then I decided it was time for me to stop putting every member of my family before myself. With small changes I've been able to lose 40lbs over about 5months.

Now it is a new year and I am excited about making even more changes in my life, so when I saw this challenge I was SUPER excited. Until I realized I was expected to "Eat Clean". I didn't know what that meant but it sounded scary. After a few hours of research I decided it didn't sound like the end of the world and that a change might not be as bad as I thought especially with 3 cheat days to help me through the process.

The whole thing will be a difficult process for me. I lost the first 40lbs by eating less junk food and eating healthier at the start of my day but that generally just meant having oatmeal and bacon for breakfast and soup at lunch but having a burger at dinner time. Eating less processed food will be different. Not having soda will be a change and daily workouts will mean me waking at 4-5am to make sure I actually do it. But I have created my meal plan and pulled out the lunch bags and I am as ready as I can be for tomorrow morning.

Jan. 6 Stats
Age: 24years
Height: 5"4'
Weight: 192lbs
BMI: 33

Bust: 41 in
Chest: 36 in
Waist: 40 in
Hips: 45 in
Thigh: 28in
Calve: 16.75 in
Forearm: 11.5 in
Bicep: 13.5in

I use a bodymedia armband to track my activity and calorie burn. Since it syncs to MyFitnessPal (caramelangel247) whenever I charge I don't bother the cardio section since I don't want to make the numbers incorrect. But with work+ exercise I easily burn 3500 calories in a day but only about 2400 calories on the weekend (IF I EXERCISE!). I use earnedit.com to sync with my armband as well. I earn points each day for my calorie burn and you use the pts to get rewards. From what I have noticed its mostly like getting awesome coupons. Not a ton of free stuff but saving $25 on a $35 shirt is good enough reason for me to keep using the site :D just spreading the word (cause I get 100pts for friends when they exercise which I know we will all be doing!) http://earnd.it/UtMZty

I can't wait to start tomorrow! 100% commitment!!!!

 


2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, Glad to see you are excited about the challenge. I added you on myfitnesspal my screen name is squeaklord1517 and I signed up at earnedit.com using your link. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yay. Rewards for exercise? I'm all about saving $ and I can save $ and keep the gift cards for shopping because my old clothes are starting to make me look like a bag lady! I really want to wait about 15 more lbs before I go shopping. Hope I can make it.

    ReplyDelete